Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Moving Forward

My doctor’s appointment was, for the most part, uneventful... And that’s a good thing. We went over the rest of my labs and discussed the ultrasound... Basically we just went over everything I already knew.

The main goal of this appointment was to establish where to go next and to start on that path. I was given a prescription for Provera. Its up to me when to begin - I really don’t think I’ve ovulated so I doubt I’m pregnant. I’ll test to be sure but my chart, CM, CP, etc all point to having not ovulated. I’ll be on Provera for 10 days and I’d like to just get this cycle over with, so I’m tempted to just start tomorrow but I may wait until Sunday after Steve’s company Christmas party.

Beyond that I’ll be starting Metformin tonight. My dosage is set at 1500mg but I will work up to that over the course of the next 3 weeks, adding one pill each week. My doctor expects that we’ll see changes within the next two months and have scheduled my next appointment accordingly - February 4, 2009. If at that point my cycles haven’t regulated and I’m not ovulating then we’ll begin Clomid. In the mean time, I have a refill on my Provera prescription so that if my next cycle starts to hit the 40 day range I can end that. If/when I do ovulate prior to February 4th I need to go in at 7dpo to have my progesterone levels checked.

I left my doctor’s office feeling good... Better than I have in a while. The gears are in motion and we have a plan to move forward. I suppose it helps that my doctor looked at me, smiled, and said “I feel good about this”, too. And I think she’s right. If not, in 2 months we’ll reevaluate and begin Clomid.

After my appointment I headed to the pharmacy to fill my prescriptions. My insurance actually proved good for something in all of this and covered the Metformin 100%, so surprisingly that was free and the Provera was only $4.
While I waited for my prescription to be filled I browsed the aisles and found myself humming Christmas tunes... At one point embarrassingly loud but that’s okay - I felt great. I finally feel like we have hope, that we might actually be able to conceive our next child soon. That we actually have a chance at this.

I got into the car and about half way home I turned into the over emotional person that I tend to be and my eyes welled up with tears for a few seconds. Only this time it wasn’t because I was upset, hurt, or devastated... It was because I realized that I had a smile on my face for the first time in far too long, and it wasn’t going away. I know this will change from day to day, and I know I can’t expect the Metformin to work wonders right away and it very well might take months... But I honestly feel that I will be pregnant again soon, that we’re going to have another child. I’m excited, and most of all...I have hope.

1 comments:

Robyn said...

Giant hugs. I'm thrilled for you. Luv ya all.

 

Trying for Two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates