Thursday, April 2, 2009

Recovery

Tuesday afternoon my stomach started to feel upset - enough that I couldn’t eat dinner. My inlaws were came over that evening and the visit was well - I made mention several times that I hoped I wasn’t coming down with the flu. Considering how touchy my stomach can be, I didn’t really think I was. Hell, outside of alcohol induced incidents (college wasn’t that long ago! ;)) Its probably been 10-15 years since I thrown up due to a stomach bug. Hell - I didn’t even throw up when I was pregnant... I spent the first trimester extremely nauseous, but I didn’t get
physically sick.

As it turns out, I did indeed have a rather nasty stomach bug and spent all Tuesday night throwing up or groaning as I tossed and turned with a terrible case of the chills and a nice fever of 102. Steve ended up staying home from work yesterday - Neither of us got any sleep and considering I spent most of yesterday dry heaving followed by throwing up my one attempted meal, I was down for the day and I really wanted to try to prevent Caden from catching this.

Caden threw up last night but apparently he is weathering this much better than his Momma. Steve cleaned him up and changed his sheets while I rubbed his back and took care of him. He laughed and wanted to play. Today he has been running around the house, a little ball of energy, in a fantastic mood. Not that I’m complaining! I’m glad that in the very least he doesn’t seem to have it as bad.

Today I feel much better - I haven’t tried eating yet so hopefully once I do that will go over well. I miss food but really don’t want to feel like I’m going to, or actually commit the act of throwing up yet again. My abs already hurt enough. As for Caden - wow - I don’t think he has ever had this much energy.

The good news is we have seemed to survive our first bout of the “stomach flu” and did so relatively intact - although I’m not sure Steve is in the clear yet. And I must say - I have a pretty awesome husband, even if he did get a bit pissy about having to call in at first. He ran to the store for me multiple times, even gave me a foot rub, took care of Caden last night until he had to start laundry. I’m pretty lucky to have such a great husband.

.......

On the TTC front I’m on CD 18 and no signs of any eggies. Considering my recent illness has left me 5lbs lighter in less than 2 days I think its safe to assume it might have delayed anything going on anyway. As long as we get an egg... Please. I’m so ready to have our next baby. I’ve been doing what I can to keep my mind off things... But its hard.

1 comments:

Jen Mc said...

Oh no!!!! I hope you are both feeling better!
I'll be stopping by more often...

 

Trying for Two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates