Tuesday, April 28, 2009

And so I sit...

My 2nd beta was in last Friday and the numbers looked great... From 33 @ 10dpo to 114 @ 12dpo, so it tripled. Today I’m 17dpo and officially late (clomid pushed my LP out a day or two) and I really thought I’d feel more excited about this pregnancy at this point, but I’m not. I have very few symptoms and the few that I have come and go. I try to remind myself that its just early... And it is. Morning sickness shouldn’t really set in for another week or two, or anything else really. I am getting sleepy more easily but nothing like what I remember with Caden. But again I remind myself that with Caden, I didn’t even think to test (and find out I was pregnant) until I was 4 weeks, 4 days. I’m 4 weeks, 3 days today.

I keep testing and I knew I should have stopped because today’s test was a hair shade lighter than yesterdays. Not much and the line was thicker than and still dark, but now that has me freaked out, too. I knew it was bound to happen when you’ve taken 15 stupid tests... But that doesn’t make me feel better. Last night was my first middle of the night bathroom break, too, so I try to tell myself that maybe that has something to do with it.... But that doesn’t help either. This was supposed to be my last one but I’m going to take my last test tomorrow morning before my appointment - if its lighter still then I’ll ask my doctor for another beta. I’ve googled and I know a single slightly lighter test is nothing to worry about - I’m not spotting and I’m not cramping, well, anything more than the occasional, normal, light cramps that are to be expected. I just wish I didn’t take that stupid test.

I guess in a lot of ways I’m just sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop. I’ve seen things go wrong for too many people - with PCOS and without. I don’t want to and I pray that I don’t have to experience that. I think the thing that annoys me most is that I wasn’t like this at all with Caden. I remember mentioning to Steve when we found out that “Its early, anything can happen” but that was it.. That was the last mention of it. Now I feel hesitant to really settle into this, to really enjoy it. I’m so afraid of losing this - I just want to sit back, enjoy my pregnancy, and welcome a beautiful little baby into this world come January.

I thought I’d feel better once I got those betas back, and I did.... A little. Then I thought I’d feel better when I was late... And yesterday I did - at least a bit. And now I’m back to freaking out and I know its because that stupid freaking test that is meaningless. I could just kick myself right now. I want symptoms, I want reassurance. I want to know that everything will be okay.

When I’m not sitting here silently freaking out Steve and I are so very happy. We smile about what the future has in store and cannot wait to meet this little baby. I just hate the anxiety, the unknown.

I promise, after tomorrow no more tests! (I won’t have anymore, anyway) and I’ll stop freaking out. I’m really hoping for a darker line because I do not want to have to go through the hell of waiting for the results of another beta.

1 comments:

Jen Mc said...

HUGS!!!!!!!!!! Please know that I am thinking of you and wishing you the best!

 

Trying for Two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates