Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to the world, Sweet baby

On January 11, 2010 at 9:59am we welcomed our precious little boy, Parker Andrew, into this world. He and the days since have been everything I dreamed.

I have so much to say and so much I want to get down so I never forget - Like the way he stretches in the morning and gets his whole body into it, or how he sticks his bottom lip out if you brush is face with your finger while he is sleeping, how he smiles big gummy smiles while dreaming and the noises he makes while he is nursing. I never want to forget how perfectly he fits in our arms and how Steve and I have the hardest time putting him down. I always want to remember that first day, snuggled up with him in pure amazement of just how perfect he is, unable to take my eyes off him with the music playing softly on a cold winter day - and how for those hours the world seemed still outside our door and nothing bad or imperfect could ever make its way in.

I have so much to say… but for now I’ll enjoy the last hours and day I have held up in my perfect world with my husband and two amazing little boys as Steve has to return to work on Thursday. These past two and a half weeks have been nothing short of amazing and it makes me a little sad that the real world is already knocking on our door, that my sweet baby is already 2 weeks old, that my first blessing, Caden, already turned 3 this past Sunday. But seeing my first baby tuck his little brother in and lay on the floor talking to him, watching my newborn son sleep sweetly in his Daddy’s arms, and snuggling Caden while Parker nurses…. Life is so very good. And every step along this journey - every tear and every celebration, has more than paid off in the end.

I am forever thankful and forever blessed by all that I have been given.


Parker Andrew - 25 hours old

6 comments:

Kari said...

Carrie, he is so sweet! I can't wait to see some updated photos. I can only imagine how quickly he is changing! So happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, he is so precious! I love the yawn picture. CONGRATS!!!!

Mandy said...

So sweet. Thanks for sharing these thoughts and pictures Carrie! I'm so, so happy for you!

Trinity said...

He's gorgeous, and these are such awesome pictures! Really big heartfelt congrats!

HereWeGoAJen said...

He's perfect. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! Congratulations.

 

Trying for Two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates