Friday, August 10, 2007

Early

Caden decided to start his day a little earlier today- the joys of teething. I really cannot complain though. He goes to bed every night between 7:30 and 8pm and sleeps until anywhere between 6:30am (as the case today) to 9am. While the extra hour of sleep is nice, I actually enjoy getting up at 6:30... as long as I put myself to bed at a decent hour the night before.
The earlier start to our day gives us a chance to spend a little time with Steve and see him off for work - and despite being notorious for not being a morning person... I love the early hours of the day. I love the way the light hits the big oak in the front yard, the dew on the grass, the birds chirping, the calmness that only comes in the morning hours.
That calmness of course is a little different these days...

I used to love the Saturday and Sunday mornings I'd wake up earlier than expected. I sit and enjoy a cup of coffee, write, read, watch. Today I find my self in a similar routine as I sip my cup and write these words... but the silence and calm is something completely new. As any mommy surely knows, there really is no silence but the calm is still there. The light is bouncing off the oak, the birds are chirping, the grass is wet with dew, and my son happily sits next to me on the floor babbling, squawking, spinning toys, hugging his favorite dinosaur, and giggling in delight.

So much changes when you have a baby - Some things you expected, some things never crossed your mind, many things you never notice until the early morning one day. Your life just changes and you adapt and you wake up to realize that your life truly is not your own anymore.
Some of these changes, especially the expected ones, are easy... some are hard... but most are automatic.

I love being a mother, in every sense. I'd be lying if I said it was the easiest thing I've ever done but it is by far the most rewarding.

0 comments:

 

Trying for Two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates